Saturday, 27 February 2016

Mourinho speculation is an 'Absolute scandal' says Louise Van Gaal

Manchester United united manager Louis van Gaal says the personal abuse and speculation surrounding his position as Manchester United manager is "an absolute scandal".

Calls for Jose Mourinho, Van Gaal's former Barcelona colleague, to replace him at Old Trafford refuse go away, but the Dutchman can at least see one silver lining.


"Every day I am preventing the players from being under pressure. Because every arrow is shot at me, not one at the players," he said as quoted by ​the Mirror.

“It is all aimed at me. In a bizarre way this situation with me has an advantage for the players. I can see that they are not being criticized. Only me."

Jose Mourinho was immediately linked with Van Gaal's job after being sacked by Chelsea in December and reportedly penned a six-page letter to United's decision-makers pleading to be considered for the role.

Man United have so far said very little publicly about their manager's future, though, and the 64-year-old is happy with that.

​“He [Mourinho] has said things a number of times with a lot of words. But he does not have to tell me anything. I find the whole thing ridiculous!," Van Gaal added.

“No, I don’t want United to do something either. I don’t even want them to react to things which I read in the media or which are being created. We, the club and I, are not going to help the media right now by denying things.

“I think what is happening is an absolute scandal!”

Manchester United host Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday and could drop as far as eighth if they lose and others below them win.

No comments:

Post a Comment