Saturday, 27 February 2016

Kolo Toure ready to 'take out' Yaya toure in Capital one cup final


Kolo Toure says he is prepared to "take out" younger brother Yaya to stop the Manchester City midfielder scoring at Wembley.

The two brothers, who were teammates at Manchester City until 2013, and will come face to face in Sunday's Capital One Cup final.

But Kolo says he is ready to do "anything he can" to stop his sibling, with brotherly love going out the window for 90 minutes at least.

"[I would] take him out, big time," the Reds defender told BBC's Football Focus, as quoted by ​Fourfourtwo. "Because I want to win, that's it.

"I think he knows me. He knows that if he's going to score a goal, anything I can do to stop him, I will and he knows that."

Kolo Toure has been a regular under Jurgen Klopp of late, amid injuries to defenders Martin Skrtel and Dejan Lovren, who may miss out again at Wembley.


And the Ivorian international said last week he hopes his recent form can lead to a new deal at Anfield, despite turning 35 next month and a summer move for Schalke's Joel Matip already agreed.

"I've not been told anything. I am just enjoying every second of being at Liverpool Football Club," Toure said, as quoted by ESPN.

"I am a fighter. The future is not the most important thing for me. What's important is what's happening for me right now.

"I'm in the team at the moment and I am showing every game that I'm still here.

"It doesn't matter what other people say, I'm very happy and I always give 100 per cent for this club.

"Sometimes you can make people change their minds by performing well and that's my challenge right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment