Friday, 26 February 2016

Klopp sees Europa league draw with Manchester United as revenge


Liverpool manager Jurjen Klopp has admitted to pleasure at drawing Manchester United in the Europa League last 16 on Friday, claiming that Liverpool 'deserve' big games and that the matches will be a chance for revenge.

 ​Speaking in his press conference ahead of Sunday's Capital One Cup final, Klopp said: “It’s great. We deserve these games, with the game yesterday.

He continued..

“Obviously it is not easy, but you can ask my staff, when they asked me yesterday ‘who do you want?’ I said ‘Manchester United’. I think we have to clear something. We had a good game when I was here when we played against them, but we lost 1-0. It was not what we deserved on that day, but we got it.

“Life gives us the chance to make it better and that’s what we have to do, and what we’ll try. In this round, there were no easy games so we had no chance for an easy game. So we have Manchester United – cool!” He admitted.

​Klopp also talked about his selection dilemmas ahead of Sunday's Capital one cup final against Manchester City, saying: “I spoke about it this morning with the lads. We have had a few [injury] problems since I’ve been here, but never the problem that we had too many players.

“Making a squad this time is two things – the best thing I could ever do and the most difficult I had to do until now, because a few players Will be disappointed with our decisions, for sure. This morning I had 13 players in training and it was the highest level. I don’t want to say it was because of the final but it was the highest level. They are all ready and now I have to make decisions – overnight, not today. I will make them, that’s no problem."

Will Liverpool win Sunday's capital one final?

No comments:

Post a Comment