Sunday, 21 February 2016

I want to be a Chelsea Legend like Lampard, Oscar speak

Brazilian play maker admit he is not leaving Stamford Brigde following speculation that, he will be departing from Chelsea at the end of the season and want to be a legend at Chelsea.

Chelsea began the season in unprecedentedly poor form under Jose Mourinho, but the appointment of Guus Hiddink as interim manager saw the Blues go on a run of 11 games without a loss. While Champions League qualification through the league is all, but impossible, Oscar remains undeterred at the prospect of a season without European competition.

"I'm very happy here and, in terms of the Champions League, our best chance of qualifying is to win it this season. So that is what we want to do and giving our all too to achieve it. But, even if that doesn't happen, I still want to stay as I imagine most of the other players will because Chelsea are a huge club," he told Sunsport.

"Whatever happens next season, we'll still be playing for the Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup."

Oscar was given Frank Lampard's No.8 shirt at the start of the season and the Brazilian is keen to emulate Lampard's achievements in a Chelsea shirt.

"Of course that's something I want to achieve. When I arrived I took the No 11 shirt from Didier Drogba, who is another historic player at the club.

"Now I wear the shirt Lampard used to wear and I want to represent that number in a fitting way, by staying for a number of years and winning many trophies like he did."

No comments:

Post a Comment